Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, May 6, 2010

School Fun Run

Well, today the boys had a fun run at school to raise money for school supplies since the budget looks bleak again this year. We didn't have time to collect donations because we got the flyer when my grandfather was his sickest and passed away on May 2, 2010. They still got to run. Connor ran 26 laps (he corrected me from earlier when I thought it was 25)...and Brady ran 35 (and corrected me that he even ran a bonus lap). I'll tell you, that kid could run all day long...from one end of the house to the other, wherever he's headed, it's full speed ahead...you better be prepared, or you'll get knocked down. He may be small for his age, but he is STRONG and can knock you flat on your feet. Tomorrow they having "Careers on Wheels" at the school to get the children interested in career options as they get older. Connor wants to be an engineer...it doesn't matter what kind, just an engineer, but Brady wants to be an engineer because he likes creating
"inventions", but he also likes rocks, so he's decided he's going to be a geological engineer...very, very interesting...at least Connor is thinking more logically now, he wanted to be in the Marines in kindergarten, a race car driver in 1st grade, a scientist in 2nd grade, and own his own lawn care service in 3rd grade. At least he's thinking of a lot of different avenues. Brady just likes dirt, rocks, bugs, tape and anything he can hold tape together with :) It will be very interesting to see the path they both go down as adults.

We just said our bedtime prayers: Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. Angels watch me through the night and wake me with the morning light...Amen....and that is not ah-men....it's AMEN...long vowel A sound...Brady will correct you every time...so goodnight friends...sweet dreams :)

No comments:

Post a Comment